A Part of Shreveport History
The Standard was originally commissioned in 1910 by Peter Youree, where he headquartered the Commercial National Bank. Over the years, the building changed hands many times and served many uses including as a radio station and as an office building. In 2018 the building was transformed into 72 uniquely designed apartment homes. Some of the original elements of the building, such as exposed original brick, floors, and columns along with modern luxury flourishes have been combined to create the unique atmosphere of the Standard Lofts. The building is listed on the National Registry of Historical Places .
Every loft has been thoughtfully designed and meticulously finished. With generous living space and polished, classic appeal, a loft at The Standard Downtown Lofts is waiting for you to add your own personal style to make it your own. Make your intimate, stylish home in this historic ten-story, seventy-two loft building.
In The Heart of It All
Move in to the only historic high-rise apartment building downtown. Market Street is the perfect location to access all that Shreveport has to offer.
Each loft at The Standard has been designed with a spacious, open-concept floor plan, giving you the comforts and luxuries of home.
Ground Floor Amenities
Exciting new businesses will be moving into the retail space on the ground floor including a market, coffee, and entertainment.
Secure Private Parking
The Standard offers residents secure parking in our private parking garage, available for $60/mo.
The best of downtown Shreveport at your doorstep
The Standard Downtown Lofts are located across the street from the largest office buildings in downtown Shreveport.
It is a 5-minute walk down the street to the convention center and 10-minute walk to the riverfront Casinos.
The Standard is 1 mile from the Bossier City Outlet Mall and less than 1 mile from the Red River.
Wake up to spectacular views of downtown Shreveport
The Standard Downtown Lofts at 509 Market Street is Shreveport's oldest and largest high-rise apartment building.
Enjoy unique views of Shreveport from all four sides of the building through large, energy efficient, sound dampening windows.
What Everyone Is Saying
One bedroom? Two bedrooms? A city view or a scenic skyline? Find the space that's just right for you! The Standard features 72 loft-style apartments on the 2nd through 10th floors. The units feature extra-high 9'10", 12'7", and 16' ceilings with open floor plans.
*Some layouts and dimensions vary on different floors.
- 629 square feet
- ADA Units Available (2nd & 3rd Floor)
- Base Rent Ranging from $1144 - $1376 Additional fees for in suite washer/dryer ($60), secured parking ($60) and electricity, water & gas ($200)
- 837 square feet
- ADA Unit Available (3rd Floor)
- Base Rent Ranging from $1474 - $1676 Additional fees for in suite washer/dryer ($60), secured parking ($60) and electricity, water & gas ($300)
- 1-Bedroom (Studio)
- 356 square feet
- ADA Unit Available (2nd Floor)
- Base Rent Ranging from $779 - $982 Additional fees for in suite washer/dryer ($60), secured parking ($60) and electricity, water & gas ($200)
Every Amenity You Need
- Secured Street Level Access
- Secured Private Garage Parking
- Security Cameras on Each Floor
- Programmable Thermostats
- Pet Friendly
- 9'-16' Ceilings with 20" Thick Sound-Dampening Concrete Floors
- Beautiful exposed brick on floors 2 and 10 and concrete columns throughout
- Washer/Dryer installed in each unit
- Exceptional views of the Red River, downtown Shreveport, and Bossier City
- First floor retail space for groceries, coffee, fitness, and entertainment
$743 - $982*
$1040 - $1376
$1446 - $1681
Additional fees for in suite washer/dryer ($60), secured parking ($60) and electricity, water & gas ($200-$300)